I'm kind of a big deal...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The mom cut

Hello!

This week has been marked by prodigious amounts of eating.  Yesterday was the annual holiday potluck for our floor at my job and today, another Bureau was having a potluck celebration.  I was smart enough to wear stretchy pants for the occasion.  I wanted to show you all how I spruced up this outfit by adding several pops of color.  By itself, the polka dot shirt from Forever 21 is very “tent-ish”—I probably could’ve sized down to an XL with no problem.  I decided to add my Pieces color block belt (it's only $9 on ASOS!) to break up the monochrome colors.  This belt is awesome on so many levels.  First, it features an elasticized back. Secondly, said elasticized back is neon pink! Of course I had to break out my neon pink Corso Como ballet flats for the outfit (to do anything else would’ve been just plain wrong).  In retrospect, I probably should've worn by skinny ponte pants instead of these boot cut pants.  I think the tapered leg of a skinny pant would have given the entire outfit a sleeker look.

I’m still trying  to figure out what to do with my hair after removing my extensions.  Although I love being able to go back and forth between short and long styles,  I think I need to give the extensions a break for a while.  So how are you liking my “mom cut”? I’m a bit tempted to put in some highlights. Do I look really different with shorter hair? All I can say is thank goodness for my flat iron (a remarkable Sedu) or my hair would be all over the place (think Michelle Duggar).



Top: Forever 21
Pant: purchased from Macy's
Belt: Pieces via ASOS
Shoes: Corso Como


Back of belt.  An aside: don't you hate it when pants do that funky crinkly thing in the inner thigh area? Its enough to make me go mad!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.