I'm kind of a big deal...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Hanky Panky

Hi!

So today I decided to give my eyes a break from my contacts and wore purple glasses.  I love these glasses because they make me look like an intellectual but at the same time I dislike them because they make me look much older than I am.  Couple that effect with my "mom cut" and I look much older than my 31 years.

I knew that I had to have this sweater dress once I saw it on the mannequin in JCPenney.  I love the rich purple shades as well as the striking zig zag pattern.  The handkerchief hem was also a plus for me as I like the boho look that many handkerchief-styled skirts and dresses have to them. After getting it home however, I started to have some doubts (don't you hate when that happens?) The dress came with this cheap-looking black belt that I absolutely did not like. Also, the dress had a cowl neck and I absolutely cannot stand cowl necks. Cowls? The word alone conjures up images that I can't even begin to describe.  Check out the pic of how I concealed the cowl...I'm too creative for words...heh, heh ;-)

I don't know if this dress will be worn again anytime soon.  Although I received alot of compliments, I think the dress makes me look much older than I am. What do you think? I kinda feel like I'm trapped in a cheesy 70's movie.

Dress: JCPenney (no longer online)
Tights: Gap
Boots: ASOS (I love these boots! They have this distressed look to them and fit divinely!)


Concealed cowl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.