I'm kind of a big deal...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another year older...

So my birthday is on Sunday and I can’t help but feeling like I’ve accomplished nothing with my life.  Am I the only one who goes through this every year?  I also don’t know how I feel about my bday falling on Father’s Day this year.  The hubby made a point of writing on the dry erase calendar on our fridge “Father’s Day” in what would be the equivalent of an 18 point font.  Next to his note was an even smaller note with an arrow pointing to the 19th that read “wife’s bday”. I had to squint really hard to see that one….

This is also the first year that I’ve made a birthday wish list for myself.  The hubby asks me every year what I want and I always give him the same answer.  Here is how the convo usually goes:

Hubby:  So your birthday is coming up.  What do you want?

Me: Just your continued love and affection.  Also, appreciation for the things that I do.

Hubby:  Um, no seriously, what do you want?

This year I thought I’d do him a favor and avoid coveting anything intangible (if you’re a guy, how the heck are you supposed to gift wrap love and affection??).  I set out in earnest to make a list and it consisted of the following:
My guess is that he'll probably get me the Flip camcorder because the other things are a bit pricey.  We'll see how it all goes down.  I'll probably end up with the Tron Blueray and a gift certificate to a spa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.