I'm kind of a big deal...

Monday, July 30, 2012

I've got my eye on you...

Hi!

It's been awhile since I've done a Polyvore set so I wanted to share with you some of the items I've been coveting as of late.  A lot of retailers have been releasing their "Fall previews" recently which has irked me to no end (I want to hold onto summer as long as I can)! The plus side has been that I get to see what is in store for next season.  If you know me then you know that I typically wear what the heck I want to wear when I want to wear it.  I don't venture as far to wear shorts in the winter time but I have been known to rock florals and bright colors in the fall and winter months. Fashion "rules" are meant to be broken (someplace, somewhere, Karl Lagerfeld just cringed)!

JACKETS
I've had my eye on leather/leatherette jackets for some time because...well just because.  I think a broken-in (preferably cropped) leather jacket is a must for any wardrobe. I'm especially feeling the one by Forever 21 that has yet-to-be released.  It has spikes on the shoulders! When I first saw it, I did this little shriek and, after I told him why, my hubby was like: "Is it that serious???". Clearly, he doesn't get me....
Here's a cool hint if you are ever perusing the Forever 21+ site: Go to the "Shop by outfit" section of the site to see a preview of the items that aren't for sale yet. I also like visiting the UK site for the same reason.  Am I obsessed? Why yes, yes I am.

TOPS
With regards to tops, I've been into crazy patterns, florals and peplum anything. I can envision myself wearing the Staring at Stars cardi with some black leggings, mesh/sheer black top, a fierce boot, and a bright red lip. I've also been pleasantly surprised by some of eloquii's pieces as of recent.  The muted vibe of their previous lines have given way to a robust/vivid color palette with very fashion-forward silhouettes.  I love the color-blocked peplum top below--it's a great wear-to-work and after work piece. Rounding out my other selections for the "Tops" category is a denim shirt from Talbots and an open-backed floral blouse from Lucca Couture (via Urban Outfitters).  I chose the top from Talbot's because I am loving the rich denim color.  Denim shirts are very versatile and are fast becoming a staple in my wardrobe. The floral shirt is a great layering piece (I can see it being worn under a solid-colored blazer) and will add some serious flair to an outfit.  I actually tried this on in the UO store and it is cut very large.  I was able to close the buttons without any gaping....win! Hint: Don't feel like trying a shirt on  but are doubtful about the fit?  hold a shirt by it's armpits and match it to your armpits to determine how it will fit across the bust.  If it takes effort to match up with you armpits then most likely the shirt will not fit.

ACCESSORIES
The accessories I've been eyeing recently have been very bold and loud and the ones I have selected below are no exception.  I have a million obi belts (okay, I have 3) but I must have this one from the ASOS Curve line.  It is 100% leather and reasonably priced at $33.  There is also a beige-colored one on the site for $23! The leopard oxford with the neon sole is from Target.  You've probably spotted a similar one on the Forever 21 site.  The Target version is a steal for $20 versus $26 for the Forever 21 version. Oh, and the linked finger tip ring from ASOS? Well, does that even need justification???

What do you think of my picks? What do you think of the fall previews so far? 

As always, thanks for reading my blog! I love hearing from you all so please comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.