I'm kind of a big deal...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sequin Sequence

Hi!
I hope you all are well! I’ve been battling a cold for the past several days and have been dragging physically.  I’m not yet 100% but I wanted to post so you all didn’t think I had forgotten about you!  I went to a friend’s wedding this past Saturday and had an absolute blast.  It was in NYC and it was so glitzy and glamorous!  I wore my Monif C Alexandra dress for the occasion.  Unfortunately, I don’t have any full body pics to showcase but my hubby did happen to take this pic of me after my 5th Sex on the Beach. So this is what happens when you're kid-free and in the presence of an open bar:

So today’s outfit was aptly inspired by my glitzy glammy weekend in NYC.  I’m not a Kardashian fan but I spotted these pants from the Kardashian Kollection line on Sears.com and they were marked down really low.  Although the notion of financially supporting the Kardashians makes my stomach turn, I felt that the fattitude I would be radiating with these pants would help quelch my disdain for the clan.
These pants are actually sequined harem pants but on me, they look like straight up leggings. I didn’t mind this too much because surprisingly, the pants are well-made and comfortable (who would’ve thunk it?).  I initially decided to pair the pants with my blazer from the Gap but then decided to try the ensemble with my recently-copped Forever 21 blazer which is such a beautiful, vivid pink.  Admittedly, I’m an F21 stalker and I tend to snag items I know for a fact will sell out quickly…this blazer was no exception and literally sold out in 3 days.   I really didn’t want to be too matchy-matchy with this outfit but I couldn’t resist sporting my new Dolce Vita Boston platforms.  These babies are so comfortable and look absolutely amazing in person! I'm also including a pic of me in my newly acquired ASOS sequin skirt which is from the main range and super duper stretchy. I like the skirt because it is high waisted but I do not like the fact that it accentuates everything...and I mean everything (see below).

I don't really know what I was trying to achieve with my hair...it's a curly mullet!
Blazer: Gap (sold out online)
Necklace: Heiress Boutique in Boston
Earrings: Ashley Stewart
Blazer: F21

Close up of my pump
Why, helloooooo tummy!!!
Skirt: ASOS


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this entire post! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your skirt! What size are you? (If you don't mind my asking.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika! Sorry for the delay in responding! I am a size 18/20 but I wear anything from 16-20!
      ;-)

      Delete

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.