I'm kind of a big deal...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Izzygetsshrinky: trying again...

Hi!

I want to start my post off by saying I feel gross.  Yes, I am still battling a cold but that is not the reason why I feel gross.  When I started this blog, I initially had a section called "Izzygetsshrinky" where I wanted to chronicle my weight loss journey.  After giving birth to my daughter last September, I lost about 30lbs and was really proud of myself for making substantive changes to my diet and lifestyle.  Recently, I have been back-sliding and I feel totally unhealthy as a result.  Not only do I feel unhealthy, but I am unhealthy as evidenced by my blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and a host of other clinical health determinants.  My physical state has also begun to impact my mental state in that I am feeling depressed and withdrawn.  This attitude has also started to adversely impact my relationship with my hubby and my kids which to me, is unacceptable.  I've made up my mind to take baby steps to improve my health and invite you all to witness this journey. For many of you, weight is a sensitive topic and by no means do I want to alienate anyone by making it the focal point of this blog.  I would, however, be remiss if I did not acknowledge the topic and let you know my plans for change.  To keep myself accountable to my fitness and weight loss goals, I plan on posting my progress every other Sunday. This is me not wanting to skinny but wanting to be healthy.  I owe it to my kids who don't deserve to have their mom tell them "another day" each time they ask to go to the park. If you are going through a similar journey and would like to be virtual fitness buddies, please do drop me a line!  You can also find me on My Fitness Pal under the name "Izzygetsbizzy". Let's do this!

And because I didn't want to post without sharing a pic, here is a pic of me in my (now returned) kimono top from Tarjay.  I returned it because I felt it looked a bit frumpy (I'm wearing the XXL) and it made my shoulders look too broad.  Also, I was trying to experiment with the color teal but clearly, it is teal overload!  Although the top didn't work out for me, I strongly recommend Tarjay's ponte skirt from Mossimo which comes in an array of colors and is super stretchy and comfy!
Top: Tarjay
Belt: NY & Co
Skirt: Tarjay
Shoes: GAP
Necklace: ASOS
Hat: H&M
Clutch: Payless

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. You have to do what's best for you. I understand what it's like to want to be healthy. So Ill be your fitness buddy. At my office we have our version of "the Biggest Loser" & it helps me SO much. Like you said its about being healthy not skinny.

    BTW, teal looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words! It's going to be a hard road but I'm committed. If youre on My Fitness Pal please look me up! My name is Izzygetsbizzy!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I love this look on you!! The color is so great and the style is just.............I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.