I'm kind of a big deal...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monif C Emme Ponte Dress Review

Hi!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post! I hope everyone had a great holiday with loved ones because I sure did! I wanted to share with you my review of Monif C's Emme Ponte Dress.  This dress has been making the blogger rounds lately and I wanted to share with you my perspective.  Let me start off by saying that I love Monif C's designs, for the most part, they are cutting edge and very flattering.  However, I know I am not the only one who feels as though her price points are a bit too high. I decided to take advantage of the flash sale sale she had a few weeks ago and when the moment of truth came, I was literally staring at the "submit order" button for like ten minutes (hey, it's alot of money!).  I opted for the 1x even though I think the 2x would've fit better. I am trying to lose some weight so I figured that I'd rather have a dress that was too small than one that was too big.   

Here is what the dress looks like on a model.  I purchased the one on the left.


I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the pics, my hubby was using his camera phone.  I also apologize for my general appearance.  I quickly styled the dress so I had no time to hook up my hair, make up like I would've wanted. Also, I feel like I should've put on some more serious shapewear underneath (I'm wearing my Sweet Nothings tummy controlling bike shorts) because I'm looking a bit bubbalicious.



The fabric of the dress was very thick which I liked.  I didn't think it needed a back zipper because I ended up just pulling the dress up over my head. The material has some give and feels really comfortable on. So the ultimate verdict? I ended up returning the dress.  I wasn't crazy about it and I felt that I would need big hair to pull it off.  I do still visit it on the website from time to time though...*sigh*

What do you all think of the dress? Do you think it is worth $208?

1 comment:

  1. Okay... I love this dress and as I have BIG Hair!!! I will be getting it and rocking it on my blog!!! OH YEAH!!! Thanks for this honest review :)

    ReplyDelete

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.