I'm kind of a big deal...

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Preggy Planking...

Today was such a beautiful day so I decided to venture out with my family to the Arnold Arboretum in Boston. It is a lush place filled with trees, flora, and breathtaking scenery. Being 8 months pregnant, I found it difficult climbing the trails and calling after my wayward children so after some time, we decided to stop near a shrubbery garden for a break. I then thought that it would be a great idea to do some planking! For those who do not know what planking is, I refer you to wiki's definition:

Planking or the lying down game is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking is described as the practice of lying down flat with arms to the side, to mimic a wooden plank.

I'm not into fads too much but this one was too irresistible to pass up given the beautiful weather and the scene. I was relegated to doing a "reverse plank" due to my swollen belly but it was fun nonetheless. Here are some photos from today's excursion...

The "reverse preggy plank"

The "hubby" plank

The "baby plank"

The "sibling plank"

A picture of the Arboretum

Preggy pose..I'm pretty sweaty in this pic
Top: Gap maternity
bottoms: ON Maternity (btw, these pants are fleece and very itchy! I do not recommend them!


Edited to add: Recently there has been some discussion of "planking" and its parallels to the slavery experience of the 1700's .  While I understand that slavery is still a sensitive subject for some, I do not agree with the parallel currently being made between "planking" and the experience of slaves on slaves ships. Everyone however, has a right to their own opinion and I hope this dialogue continues to strike a respectful and thought-provoking tone rather than an accusatory one.  That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.