I'm kind of a big deal...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pink and Teal...

Hi!

I officially can't wait for the warmer weather to be here.  For the past several days, it's been super dreary and just plain "blah" in Boston.  People here have exchanged their winter coats for trench coats.  Not the cute ones but the the long shapeless ones a la Columbo.  I tend to flout convention when it comes to dressing "weather appropriate" and tend to let how I feel dictate what I'm going to wear for the day.  Case in point, although it is considered "chilly" here in Boston, I couldn't resist wearing my recently-acquired sheer top from Forever 21. It features softly puffed shoulders, a jersey yoke, and blouson sleeves...plus it's stretchy!

Another purchase I am excited about is my Pieces "Nunne" belt.  I initially wasn't going to buy it because the biggest size on the ASOS site was a large.  Needless to say, I am sooooo glad I made the purchase! The belt features the cutest floral design and is able to accommodate my waist...winning! The pairing of the teal with the pink was a spontaneous decision as I believe there to be a great interplay between both colors.  The lipstick I'm wearing is my new obsession and is from Make Up For Ever (also known as MUFE for short) and is their Rouge Artist Intense in #36.  The color is so rich and vivid and the lipstick so emollient that I know it will be my go-to shade this summer.  Unfortunately (for me), this color has officially been discontinued by MUFE but you can still purchase it here and here.

What color combinations do you like pairing together?  Please share!


Top: Forever 21
Pants: ASOS (main range size 14) Style and size sold out
Shoes: Talbots "RiRi" suede pump Color currently sold out
Earrings: F21
Mini clutch: H&M

Image 1 of Pieces Nunne Belt
Pieces "Nunne" belt close-up

MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in #36 (additional colors available at Sephora)

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this outfit! Your lipstick is to die for! It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at dressing your frame! Love the colour of those pants and how the pink pops the outfit so deliciously. We're currently in the thick of winter and I'm wishing for those warm summer days!

    ReplyDelete

Important - If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.